200 Hour Birmingham
Our 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training – 2023 Dates Coming Soon!
Whether you are interested in deepening your own practice or you feel the call to teach, the Birmingham Yoga Teacher Training program is committed to the personal success of each individual.
Birmingham Yoga Teacher Training is a 200 hour yoga teacher training certification program specifically designed to provide a rich environment for learning. Within this training you will discover a strong foundation of acquiring knowledge, utilizing teaching methods, experiencing asana, and consistently applying the principles of the eight-limb path.
You will have the opportunity to deepen both your asana and meditation practice and the practice of yoga in your daily life. This program prepares you to instruct Beginner Level 1 and Level 2 classes.
Birmingham Yoga Teacher Training program is a Registered School with Yoga Alliance.
Cost and Payment Options:
- Pay in Full: $2,750 (this price includes 10-day immersion)
- Installment Plan: $2,950 (this price includes 10-day immersion)
- 10 Day Immersion ONLY $1350 (this link is for those who wish to do 10-day immersion only/ you must use one of the links above if you would like to register for the full 200-hour training.
- Pay Deposit ONLY by contacting studio (this will reserve your spot in full 200 hour training)
Installment 1 $1100
Installment 2 $1100
Installment 3 $500
There will be no refunds given after the start of the program. Tuition does not include required reading material.
Tuition includes 180 classroom hours. Students must cultivate a daily practice, attend weekly public class, observe and assist classes twice a month with teachers approved by Birmingham yoga teacher training program totaling 360 hours.
2022 Tentative Schedule:
Each trainee is required to attend the week long immersion and all of the weekends to receive a certification.
Sample Day during 10 day Immersion:
5 – 730 am Kundalini Yoga, Pranayama & Chanting
8 – 10 am Ashtanga
10 – 12 pm Break
12 – 4 pm Class and Discussion
It is important that you are sincere in your commitment and that you are healthy physically, mentally and emotionally.
Yoga can be practiced by all and we do not want to discourage anyone who has the right intention however the training will be challenging physically and mentally. We do recommend a minimum of 1 year of Yoga Practice before attending our Yoga Teacher Training Program.
- Develop personal asana, pranayama and meditation practice
- Yoga history, styles, & evolution
- Yoga Sutra’s and philosphy
- Sanskrit posture names
- Chakras and bandhas
- Kundalini Kriyas and chants
- Asthanga Primary Series
- Restorative and Gentle Somatic Yoga (in the tradition of Thomas Hanna)
- Basic yogic anatomy & physiology
- Alignment & avoiding injury
- Verbal & physical adjustments
- Ethics and the business of yoga